Watch this video by Dr. Jo Mountfield, Royal College of Obstetrics and Gynaecology Vice president, talking about COVID-19 and pregnancy.
Did you know that pregnant women with no illnesses are not at more risk than the average individual of getting COVID-19?
Dr Mountfield has the following advice to pregnant women, such as:
- Most pregnant women will experience mild to moderate symptoms
- There is no evidence that COVID-19 can pass to the baby
- Follow the guidelines to keep yourself safe – Click here for more information.
- Attend your antenatal appointments regularly, in person or virtually.
- Rest assured that your rights are preserved during pregnancy and childbirth – find out more here.